Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Google, Apple, and Facebook. Amazon is known for its disruption of well-established industries through technological innovation and mass scale. It is the world’s largest e-commerce marketplace, AI assistant provider, and cloud computing platform as measured by revenue and market capitalisation. Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world. It is the second-largest private employer in the United States and one of the world’s most valuable companies. Amazon is the second-largest technology company by revenue.
Amazon has a global shipping program where it ships certain types of goods outside the USA. These products are mostly limited to Books and media type products. Amazon USA does not ship electronics type products outside the USA.
Although there are some obstacles one may encounter while shopping from amazon USA while staying in Bangladesh, like;
- International Credit Card: You need an international credit card to purchase from Amazon. Local credit cards issued by Bangladeshi commercial banks will not work.
- High Customs Duty: Bangladesh customs charges surprisingly high customs duty. On top of Customs duty (CD), there will be Supplementary Duty (SD), Advance Income Tax (AIT), VAT etc.
Does Amazon ship to Bangladesh / Can you buy from Amazon in Bangladesh?
The short answer is: No – very few Amazon.com products ship to Bangladesh. About two-thirds of Amazon stores (third-party sellers) that make up the bulk of merchants on Amazon don’t ship internationally at all. So don’t feel left out – every other country bar the U.S. is having trouble ordering US Amazon products and shipping internationally.
It doesn’t ship electronics, same applies to other products. If the books weigh too high, it will probably go through the customs procedures, which will delay the delivery and cost a lot of customs duties. If the book parcel weighs less than 250 gram it will be delivered alright without extra cost and delay of delivery. From Bangladesh, we zoo Info-Tech ordered you’re any digital products. So if you are interested to buy any products please let us know, our assistant will help you. here is our number: +8801978569297 Click here or on image to buy any amazon products.
Amazon Customer service: 00 1 206-922-0880
- Although everyone I know loves shopping online, I refuse to purchase anything on Amazon.
- While many see it as convenient, I find having an item delivered to my house is too much of a hassle. I hate waiting for a package, especially if it doesn’t get there in time or if it gets stolen, so I prefer to shop at traditional stores.
- Additionally, I save money by not paying a monthly fee for Amazon Prime and having no delivery fees.
- Amazon also hurts small businesses and has reportedly treated its delivery drivers poorly, making me not want to support the company.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
As the retail apocalypse sweeps across the US, consumers continue to turn to online retailers, like Amazon, for their purchases. In fact, there are 90 million Amazon Prime subscribers today. I’m not one of them. As a millennial, I’m expected to do everything via the internet — socialize, date, and even shop. But I’m unique in that I prefer to shop at traditional retail stores. Although millions of people turn to Amazon for its convenience, I prefer to avoid the online retailer. Here’s why.
Products and services
Amazon.com’s product lines available at its website include several media (books, DVDs, music CDs, videotapes and software), apparel, baby products, consumer electronics, beauty products, gourmet food, groceries, health and personal-care items, industrial & scientific supplies, kitchen items, jewellery, watches, lawn and garden items, musical instruments, sporting goods, tools, automotive items and toys & games. In August 2019, Amazon applied to have a liquor store in San Francisco, CA as a means to ship beer and alcohol within the city. Amazon has separate retail websites for some countries and also offers international shipping of some of its products to certain other countries.
- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Drive
- Fire tablets
- Fire TV
- Kindle Store
- Music Unlimited
- Amazon Digital Game Store
- Amazon Studios