Whether you want to:
– build the skills you need to get your first Python programming job
– move to a more senior software developer position
– get started with Machine Learning, Data Science, Django, or other hot areas that Python specializes in
– or just learn Python to be able to create your own Python apps quickly.
Then you need a solid foundation in Python programming. And this course is designed to give you those core skills, fast.
This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their career options by learning Python.
The fact is, Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world – Huge companies like Google use it in mission-critical applications like Google Search.
And Python is the number one language choice for machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence. To get those high-paying jobs you need expert knowledge of Python, and that’s what you will get from this course.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to apply in confidence for Python programming jobs. And yes, this applies even if you have never programmed before. With the right skills which you will learn in this course, you can become employable and valuable in the eyes of future employers.
Here’s what a few students have told us about the course after going through it.
“I had very limited programming experience before I started this course, so I have really learned a lot from the first few sections. It has taken me from essentially zero programming skill to a level where I’m comfortable using Python to analyze data for my lab reports, and I’m not even halfway done with the course yet. There are other courses out there which focus on data analysis, but those courses are usually targeted at people who already know how to program which is why I chose this course instead. “ – Christian DiMaria
“I have been puttering through your Python course. In that time, though, and without finishing it yet I’ve been able to automate quite a bit at my work. I work in a school system and unifying data from our various student information systems can be incredibly frustrating, time-consuming, and at times challenging. Using your course, I’ve learned enough to write applications that turn massive text files into dictionaries that get “stitched” together like a database and output to properly formatted CSV files and then uploaded via SFTP to various systems for secure processing. Our teachers, students, and the tech department have greatly benefitted from this automation. I just wanted to drop you a note thanking you for helping me learn this skill.” – Keith Medlin
“This course was great. Within 3 weeks I was able to write my own database-related applications.” – Theo Coenen
And there are many more students who love the course – check out all the reviews for yourself.
Will this course give you core python skills?
Yes, it will. There is a range of exciting opportunities for Python developers. All of them require a solid understanding of Python, and that’s what you will learn in this course.
Will the course teach me data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence?
No, it won’t do that – All of these topics are branches of Python programming. And all of them require a solid understanding of the Python language.
Nearly all courses on these topics assume that you understand Python, and without it, you will quickly become lost and confused.
This course will give you that core, solid understanding of the Python programming language.
By the end of the course, you will be ready to apply for Python programming positions as well as move on to specific areas of Python, as listed above.
Why should you take this course?
There are a lot of Python courses on Udemy – Your instructors, Tim and Jean-Paul are pretty unique in that between them they have around 70 years of professional programming experience. That’s more than a lifetime of skills you get to learn Python from.
You can enroll in the course safe in the knowledge that they are not just teachers, but professional programmers with real commercial programming experience, having worked with big companies like IBM, Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, and Saab in the past.
As such you will not only be learning Python, but you will be learning industry best practices for Python programming that real employers demand.
And if that’s not enough take a read of some of the many reviews from happy students – there are around 100,000 students who have left around 19,000 reviews.
This is one of the most popular courses on Python programming on Udemy.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn
(It’s okay if you don’t understand all this yet, you will in the course)
- All the essential Python keywords, operators, statements, and expressions needed to fully understand exactly what you’re coding and why – making programming easy to grasp and less frustrating
- You will learn the answers to questions like What is the Python For Loop, what is Python used for, how Python switches the traditional syntax of code, and more.
- Complete chapters on object-oriented programming and many other aspects of Python, including Tkinter (for building GUI Interfaces) and using databases with Python.
- Although this is primarily a Python 3 course, a python developer will need to work with Python 2 projects from time to time – We’ll show the difference in both versions to make sure you understand how things work differently in each version.
- How to develop powerful Python applications using one of the most powerful Integrated Development Environments on the market, IntelliJ IDEA! – Meaning you can code functional programs easier. IntelliJ has both a FREE and PAID version, and you can use either in this course. PyCharm will also work just fine.
(Don’t worry if you want to use another IDE. You’re free to use any IDE and still get the most out of this course).
Does the course get updated?
It’s no secret how technology is advancing at a rapid rate. New, more powerful hardware and software are being released every day, meaning it’s crucial to stay on top with the latest knowledge.
A lot of other courses on Udemy get released once, and never get updated. Learning from an outdated course and/or an outdated version of Python can be counterproductive and even worse it could teach you the wrong way to do things.
For example, if you apply some parts of Python 2 to Python 3 code, you will get completely different results.
We cover differences like this in the course and also continually update the course as well.
What if you have questions?
As if this course wasn’t complete enough, we offer full support, answering any questions you have 7 days a week (whereas many instructors answer just once per week, or not at all).
This means you’ll never find yourself stuck on one lesson for days on end. With our hand-holding guidance, you’ll progress smoothly through this course without any major roadblocks.
That’s just one reason why Tim was voted top 10 in the Udemy instructor awards (out of a whopping 18,000 instructors), and quickly became a top-rated, bestselling instructor on the Udemy site.
Student Quote: “Tim and JP are excellent teachers and are constantly answering questions and surveying students on new topics they will like to learn. This isn’t a Python course it’s THE Python course you need.” – Sean Burger
There’s no risk either!
This course comes with a full 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning if you are not completely satisfied with the course or your progress, simply let Tim or J-P know and they will refund you 100%, every last penny no questions asked.
You either end up with Python skills, go on to develop great programs and potentially make an awesome career for yourself, or you try the course and simply get all your money back if you don’t like it…
You literally can’t lose.
Ready to get started, developer?
Enroll now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right, and get started on your way to creative, advanced Python brilliance. Or, take this course for a free spin using the preview feature, so you know you’re 100% certain this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with no previous programming experience looking to obtain the skills to get their first programming job.
- Anyone looking to build the minimum Python programming skills necessary as a pre-requisite for moving into machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
- Existing programmers who want to improve their career options by learning the Python programming language.
- If you are an expert Python programmer with extensive knowledge and many years of experience, then this course is probably not for you.