GDS Software: Travelport | Sabre | Amadeus
What is a GDS software?
Order your GDS Login I’d or PCC
How does GDS operate?
How GDS is used by a travel agent?
How much is a GDS system?
Why is GDS important in travel?
How much is a GDS system?
What are the Most Popular Global Distribution Systems?
- Amadeus is the world’s largest GDS, accounting for about 40% of GDS transactions, and it’s especially popular in Europe. Though many of these reservations are for airfare, it’s still a powerful tool for hotels, with over 600,000 hotels connected. website: www.amadeus.com.bd
- Sabre is the second-largest GDS, accounting for about 35% of travel agency bookings. Around 175,000 hotels are connected to Sabre, but its portfolio in North America is larger than its competitors. website: www.sabre.com.bd
- Travelport GDS owns systems called Galileo, Worldspan, and Apollo. 25% of travel agencies use this system worldwide. But at Bangladesh Travelport are the most popular GDS system. website: www.travelport.com.bd
In addition to these big GDS companies, and we represent those GDS companies in Bangladesh aviation and travel industries. For your GDS I’d you may contact us via phone or Whatsapp: +8801678569292
Top 3 GDS API’s make your travel business worldwide
Back in 2018, Amadeus introduced its new portal Amadeus for developers and withdraw their old set of APIs. Amadeus representatives were asked in general regarding more detailed information and we all got to know that APIs are still in development. Presently, Amadeus APIs are of two types viz. Self-service and enterprise.
Self-Service APIs. In the event that you’ve been utilizing the old Travel Innovation Sandbox, realize that Self-Service APIs have come to supplant them. Sandbox APIs were made for new businesses trying different things with GDS capacities and couldn’t be utilized underway.
So, Where to use them?
- Flight and fare search (including lowest fares, most booked destinations, cheapest dates, and so on)
- Hotel search
REST/JSON measures are utilized in the APIs. For testing purposes, you can attempt all accessible APIs from this set for nothing with 2,000–10,000 month to month demands relying upon a specific service. In production, you would need to pay € 0.0025 — € 0.030 ($0.0028 — $0.034) for them.
Enterprise APIs. It’s the main set of Amadeus APIs that covers nine distribution types and additional services:
- Car rentals
- Transfers (airport private or taxi transfers, which is a new feature that we discussed in the July 2017 news and trends report)
- Travel insurance booking
- Customer profiles
Each type contains numerous APIs, some of which are absolutely educational like finding the most reduced fares or looking through adaptable plan tolls. Others are made for ticket booking. This takes into account more prominent adaptivity while configuring the set of services for your product. These APIs come both in REST/JSON and SOAP/XML formats. To look at estimating and get to, you need to contact Amadeus directly.
In general, Sabre APIs also cover the same set of functions as the Amadeus APIs. However, Sabre divides its APIs into eight different groups:
- Session management
- Ground transportation (car rentals and rails)
- Trip management
The APIs division at Sabre is identical to Amadeus’, including such classes as profiles, trip and session management, and utilities. Note that, as of now, the system doesn’t give protection and airport transfers.
Travelport joins three GDS systems: Apollo, Worldspan, and Galileo. While the systems have their own image names, regarding APIs, they are joined into a solitary Travelport Universal API. Dissimilar to Amadeus and Sabre, the universal API is a heap of capacities that grasp:
- Three GDSs: Apollo, Worldspan, and Galileo
- Air API connect
- Rail API connect
- Travelport rooms
- Fares and Ancillaries
- Customer profiles
Currently, Travelport doesn’t provide cruise API options for online travel agencies that want to automate sea travel booking for their customers. Cruise is only available for direct manual booking by travel agents. Along with Sabre, Travelport doesn’t include insurance and transfers into their APIs.
At present, Travelport doesn’t give cruise API integration service choices to online travel organizations that need to automate sea travel reservations for their clients. Cruise is accessible for direct manual booking by travel agents. Alongside Sabre, Travelport does exclude insurance and transfer into their APIs.
In any case, if you need travel API integration you can always contact one of the best travel API providers in Bangladesh — zooFamily Online Travel Community. They have two IATA travel agents: Travelzoo Bangladesh Ltd., Airways Office, and another side travel technology company: zooIT.
If you are interested in OTA software for your travel agency then click here for demo:www.demo.zoo.family | +8801978569299 (WhatsApppp)