Sylhet Polytechnic Institute is a government owned polytechnic Institute in Bangladesh. It was established in 1955 by the government of East Pakistan. After the Independence of Bangladesh it was named Sylhet Polytechnic Institute.
In 1955, Ford Foundation built up Sylhet Polytechnic Institute alongside four other comparative establishments at Dhaka, Rangpur, Bogra, Pabna and Barisal. Toward the starting, SPI offered 3 years in length courses, in view of the syllabus of Oklahoma State University. Check Here for more information
But now the institute controlled and regulated by the Bangladesh Technical Education Board.
At a Glance of Sylhet Polytechnic Institute
|Sylhet Polytechnic Institute|
|Type||Public Technical Academic Institute, Coeducational|
|Chancellor||Dr. Engr Md: Abdullah|
20 acres (8.1 ha)
|Affiliations||Bangladesh Technical Education Board, Dhaka.www.bteb.gov.bd|