Before Getting Married A Person Should Know About Marriage!
5 Important Marriage Tips:
- Be good friends. Don’t marry a stranger and hope you’ll become compatible over time. Start with a solid foundation of love, shared values, common interests, and trust.
- Don’t expect your partner to change. People do change, but not in predictable ways. So if your partner has a drug problem, assume he’ll always have one. Suppose you’re marrying someone with a drug problem, not someone who will, with time, stop taking drugs, and ask if you can live with that. If she doesn’t want children, assume she’ll always not want children. If he has a temper, assume he’ll always have a temper.
- Communicate consistently and communicate about everything. Make sure you can honestly discuss sex, money, children, in-laws, careers, politics, and religion. These are the contentious subjects that can drive uncommunicative couples apart.
- Value partnership. If this isn’t a high value for both of you, you’re in trouble. Your marriage will have a better chance of success if you’re both committed to fixing problems and if you both think of all problems as shared problems.
- Live together for at least a year before you get married. Make sure you’re compatible roommates and make sure you’re sexually compatible.