Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences Universityzooit
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University is a state funded University in Bangladesh. It is the main specific veterinary University in Bangladesh. It is situated at Khulshi, Chittagong.
In the mid time of 1995-96, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Science University (CVASU) was set up as “Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC)” which began its journey in “January 1996” by conceding 50 understudies in its first scholarly session under the connection of “Staff of Science” of University of Chittagong.” Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC) was moved up to Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) on 7 August 2006 under the CVASU demonstration, 2006. Check Here for Details Information.
The University offers some numerous degrees in undergraduates, post graduates and doctoral students.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M,)
- Sc. Honors in Fisheries (FF)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
At presents there are 18 departments under the 03 faculties launched at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University.
1. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Department of Anatomy & Histology
- Department of Animal Science & Nutrition
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science
- Department of Dairy & Poultry Science
- Department of Genetics & Animal Breeding
- Department of Medicine & Surgery
- Department of Microbiology & Veterinary Public Health
- Department of Pathology & Parasitology
- Department of Physiology, Biochemistry & Pharmacology
2. Faculty of Food Science & Technology
- Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology
- Department of Physical & Mathematical Science
- Department of Applied Food science & Nutrition
- Department of Food Processing & engineering
3. Faculty of Fisheries
- Department of Aquaculture
- Department of Fisheries Resources Management
- Department of Fishing & Post Harvest Technology
- Department of Marine Bio-Resources Science
- Department of Fish Biology & Biotechnology
CVASU at a Glance:
|Year of Establishment of CGVC||1995-96|
|Year of Establishment of CVASU||7th August 2006|
1) Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (FVM)
2) Faculty of Food Science & Technology (FFST)
3) Faculty of Fisheries (FF)
|Department||18 (9 in FVM, 4 in FFST, 5 in FF)|
1) Poultry Research & Training Centre
2) One Health Institute
3) Institute of Coastal Bio-Diversity, Marine Fisheries & Wildlife Conservation
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
B.Sc. (Hons) in Food Science & Technology
B.Sc. in Fisheries (Hons)
Postgraduate – MS and Ph.D.
|CVASU Act 2006||Bengali Version|
|CVASU & UGC APA 2017-18||Bengali Version|
For Admission procedure and Information Check Here.
Please click here for Public Examination Result.