Travel the world!
Figuring out how to travel the world is no easy feat, especially when you’re trying to do it on a budget or planning to travel with a family.
There are many factors to keep in mind when evaluating your trip, including what to do before leaving and your budget. To help you get started, we’ve put together a guide on how to travel the world, including everything from how to start looking into your trip to how to save money once you’re abroad.
1. Get prepared
If you want to travel the world, there are some planning measures you want to take first to ensure you have durable luggage and the proper documents — a passport and possibly visas — and figuring out how much time off you’ll need. Additionally, it’s crucial to obtain an international driving permit if you plan on driving in foreign countries during your journey.
- Get your documents in order
- Get your vacation dates in order
- Speed up security wait times
- Look for work on the road
- Get the right credit card
2. Book travel far in advance
After all that preparation, you’re ready to book your trip around the world, which will likely be a round-the-world plane ticket, a journey by sea, or a combination of flights and ground transportation.
Below is a breakdown of how different travel options work:
- Consider a round-the-world ticket
- Take a world cruise
- Take a repositioning cruise
- Consider train travel
- Know when to book
3. Avoid hidden travel and communication fees
Once you’ve started your trip, there are tips and tricks to help you travel each destination across the world on a budget.
Here are some ways to cut costs during your travel around the world:
- Grab a city pass
- Eliminate hidden hotel fees
- Communicate for free
- Choose Restaurants Wisely
- Ask about free amenities on flights and at hotel.