Gone are the days when candidates were selected on the base of their qualifications and experience. Now, in this Competitive world, everything is getting harder. People have to compete with each other to prove themselves better to survive in society. Companies conduct assessment test and Interviews to select the candidate for a specific job role. It is expected from the employees to give a shot and make the organization successive and competitive. The selection of the right candidate solely depends on the selection procedure of the hiring manager. Employees are different from each one possessing a different personality, attitude, skills, and capabilities. Thus, it becomes essential for organizations to select a candidate who fits the role, organization culture, and workplace environment. Behavioural competencies include skills, knowledge, and traits.
Many organizations conduct a different exam to recruit top talent. A behavioural assessment is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s behaviour, personality, willingness to learn, and adaptability to the organization. A behavioural assessmentprovides insights into the personality traits of a candidate like leadership skills, critical thinking, creative thinking, problem-solving skills, motivation, and efficiency. Behavioural assessment tests provide objective and reliable data and give a better understanding of applicants thinking, interests, and emotional intelligence. A Behavioral assessment test is conducted to identify how the applicants will perform in the future and react to a particular situation. It helps the recruiters to select applicants with personality traits that will succeed in their position and the workplace. Recruiting the right talent is crucial for the hiring managers, as a bad hiring decision would add cost to the organizations in terms of training cost and lower productivity. A candidate must prepare for the behavioural tests to get clear. Here, are some tips on preparation for the behavioural test:
- Sample paper: Checking sample paper online will give you a brief idea of what would be asked. Practising sample questions may uplift your confidence.
- Response according to what test measure: Aspirants must be aware of their personality attributes or traits. They should give a sample test. The four categories measured are:
- Dominance- People are confident, independent, active,deal with problems and challenges. Candidates who want to score high in Dominance would go for the sales line, and those who obtain low scores are agreeable.
- Extroversion-Individuals are socially interactive, those with a high score more likely to engage with people, applicants with fewer scores are shy, serious.
- Patience- It helps you do work stable, candidates with a high score are patient, making good relations in business and personal, those who score low are urgent.
- Formality- Candidates are formal and disciplined, candidates with lower scores need freedom from restrictions and control, casual.
- Be honest: Job seekers preparing for tests should not take any stress. They should sleep well and give a paper with a cool mind without getting nervous. They must be honest during the test and interview and shouldn’t fake anything as it will be beneficial for them.
Selecting the right fit for a role is a main task for the hiring managers as they put their efforts, time, and money. Employee’s uniqueness makes them different from others. Millions of job seekers appeared for a behavioural assessment test as it conducted by many organizations to gauge the candidate behaviour. Mettl makes customized tests according to the requirement of the company. Mettl is the most trusted and effective service provider. Here, below are the reasons why organizations conduct behavioural assessment test:
- Gauging candidate’s traits: Behavioural assessment helps employers in gauging candidate’s behaviour and personality traits. Behaviour reflects the manners, the hiring managers predict if your behaviour fit to the culture of an organization. Every person has a different personality and behavioural assessment test helps in determining how they deal in different situations and adjust to the organization’s culture. The Behavioral assessment test helps in determining the ethics and values of a person.
- To check the emotional stability: Emotional intelligence means understanding and managing the emotions of own as well as the emotions of people around us. Behavioural assessment evaluates if employees can control his/her emotions and how they maintain relations with their colleagues and other people at the workplace. The main purpose here is to see if you are emotionally stable or not.
- To identify if an applicant fits the job: Recruiting an aspirant who is suitable for the working environment, adaptable to the organization culture is all that the hiring manager is looking for. The Behavioral assessment test gives insights to the recruiter on the base of a candidate’s motivation, leadership skill if applicants fit a role or not.
- To assess the confidence and problem-solving skills: Behavioral assessment help in examining the confidence of the candidate. In interviews, the employer can check the confidence level of candidates and ask them certain questions to see how they solve a problem.
- To identify if a candidate is good at handling stress: In interviews, the hiring managers put the candidates in a complex situation to identify if they can handle stress. A Behavioral assessment helps recruiters in assessing how the applicants deal and cope with stress.
- To access the candidate’s potential: Behavioral assessmenthelps in determining the potential and performance of candidates in the future. A Behavioral assessment shows the leadership trait of an individual, it identifies if a candidate can cooperate with others and guide and motivate others to perform better. A Behavioral assessment helps in hiring efficiency.
- Identify candidates for specific roles, functions: In behavioural assessment test, questions are asked on multi-talent, multitasking. It helps in deciding what roles and responsibilities should be given for a specific job role and position.
A Behavioral test evaluates the personality attributes a potential employee. It helps the employer to gauge your behavioural tendencies and determine if you are suitable for the company’s culture and environment. A Behavioral assessment identifies the customer service skills of the candidates. A Behavioral assessment use for workforce development and training programs. Training teams can use these tests for assessing the skills of the workforce and by providing the training they can fill the gap. It makes the employees more productive and improves the overall performance and growth of the organization.